- Alluvial gully erosion into floodplains is widespread across northern Australia.
- River incision into megafans creates the potential energy for new erosion cycles.
- Air photo and OSL data demonstrate rapid gully expansion post-European settlement.
- Cattle grazing increases erosion into incipiently-unstable floodplain features.
- Natural and anthropogenic factors influence geomorphic thresholds and gully evolution.
Full article can be found here https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0169555X1630232X.
Online version of Mitchell River Degradation Report can be found here.